Friday, September 16, 1977

470916 - Katherine does Kahlo


















==========

Since the drowned rat is starting to look more like a small possum, these photos were likely taken after the previous.  I originally dated them "Aug" but I think September is more accurate since I am bigger and it is still yet warm enough to be dressed in short sleeves.  I've arbitrarily dated these as on the 16th on account of mother's a la mexicana style.   It is good to note mother's impish smile, but I still find it odd that there is no "proud father" to be seen anywhere.  

I am tempted to say that the brownstone with the rounded doorway arch was where mother lived.  It looks very similar to a film I have of everyone standing on the front door steps.  However, in that film a grocery store is shown opposite and it looks to me that what is opposite in these photos is the small garden and official looking building. 









• ©

No comments:

Post a Comment